"Wiki wiki" means "quick" in Hawai'ian.
- All you really need to know is:*
- To edit any page click on the Edit link at the bottom of the page. You should do that right now, and read the source code of this page. It will make more sense.
- You get italics by surrounding words with underscores on either side like this.
- You get bold text by using two asterisks on either side.
- And, bold italics by using both.
- You get monospaced text by using two equal-signs on either side.
- You get bullets by using an asterisk * at the start of the line.
To have a paragraph in plain monospaced font, start it with <pre> and end it with </pre>:
this is a poem for sure about monospacing i wrote in purple velour but couldn't find a rhyme for monospacing
You separate paragraphs with an extra blank line. Example:
I am a paragraph.
You can get horizontal rules with four or more dashes like this:
- To create hyperlinks you just capitalize the words and string them together. Let's say you want to create a page about how Steve Wainstead eats worms. All you have to do is capitalize each word and string them together like this: SteveWainsteadEatsLiveWorms?. If the page does not exist yet a question mark appears after the link, inviting you to create the page: ThisPageShouldNotExist?. (And please don't ruin the example by creating one.)
- To link to pages outside the Wiki, you can just type in the URL and Wiki will link it for you: http://www.nytimes.com/
- To put images in, just provide the hyperlink in brackets like this: [http://www.yourhost.yourdomain/images/picture.png]. Image URLs not in brackets will just appear as hyperlinks to the image.
- Now you are ready to begin Help:AddingPages.
If you don't like the size of the text editing window you get, you can change it. See UserPreferences.